Friday, October 28, 2011

Pants 'n 'at.

Ok, so I guess you only understand the title if you have a firm grasp of Pittsburghese...

We have pants!  Now, I know what you're thinking -- 'Really -- pants?  I would hope that you have always had pants' and yes, we have.  What I'm so excited about is that I finished 3 pair of fleece pants.  One pair for a birthday gift and matching pants for E and D for Christmas morning.  The pictures show the finished pair in brown and the cut out version of the matching ones for the kids.



Now I know, matching outfits -- really?  I was hesitant at first to think about having them match,but any more, what one has, the other one wants.  So, I thought matching pants would be perfect.  I also found a really cute idea (on Pinterest of course) to make a cute Christmas tree on a shirt using ribbon.  I thought this would be how I can make the outfit unique for each of them. 

The pattern that I have used is WONDERFUL.  It almost takes longer to cut the pants out than it does to sew them up.  I just bought some cute fleece at the store.  I really think I am going to make lots of these pants for the kiddos.  Especially because D is so tall, I can make the pants long enough for him to wear for a while.  Plus, he can pick out some fun fabrics which means he might actually wear them!  A link to the pattern can be found here.  The wonderful thing about this pattern is that it is printable and has sizes 3 months up to 5T. 


Now, I just need to find an adult fleece pant pattern and then we could all have matching pants!!!!!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment