Monday, October 3, 2011

my challenge to....myself

Even though I have only been writing this blog for two days, the ideas for Christmas 2011 have been floating around in my head for almost a month.  I just can't explain it.  Maybe its the cooler weather that has thoughts of sugar plum fairies dancing through my head, or maybe it was that we recently moved things around in the basement and I saw some Christmas decorations and other things I had bought for Christmas.  I am just really excited!!

That is why I have decided to challenge myself.  Not to get everything done by the end of the month, or to see how early I can get my Christmas cookies baked, but to put the brakes on, slow down and make sure that I enjoy the time and holidays leading up to Christmas.  I need to stop going full-force Christmas and remember there are a few things that happen before Christmas arrives.  The first being Halloween, but the more important being Thanksgiving. 

Maybe I'm not excited about Thanksgiving because I already know I will be working this year, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be teaching the kids things about being thankful and encouraging my family to be excited about Thanksgiving.  We have been so blessed and have so much to be thankful for.  I need to make sure that I don't lose sight of that! 

So, to make sure I don't get too ahead of myself, my goal this week is to make a small craft to-make list for Thanksgiving.  Whether the crafts are trial runs for things I want to make for Christmas or something hubby can take to Thanksgiving dinner (while I am sleeping), it doesn't matter.  Tomorrow, I will be posting the to-make list along with links.  Then comes the real fun!

And don't worry -- I will still have Christmas in the back of my mind and I'm sure I will be adding to the Christmas notebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment