Thursday, October 27, 2011

Off to the grocery store

In an effort to be more frugal, we have been trying to make coffee at home an not go to various establishments to purchase pre-made coffee for the cost of a gallon of gas.  We have been doing really well, but my one weakness is flavored creamer.  I can't drink coffee without it and we usually have at least 2 bottles in the fridge. 

Well, on my trip to the grocery store this week, I forgot to grab some.  So, much to my chagrin, darling hubby used the last of the creamer this morning and I can't have my coffee.  One thing I forgot to mention is that I CAN'T FUNCTION WITHOUT AT LEAST ONE CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING. 

Now that I have that out of my system, I decided to scour the Internet to see if any homemade coffee creamer recipes exist.  And, but of course, they do!  I found a great website that not only has great recipes for creamer, but a wonderful idea for the holidays.  Deliciously Organic has wonderful creamer recipes that sound yummy all year long! 

She also has a wonderful entertaining idea -- a coffee bar!  That immediately got me thinking about having family and friends over after a fun day playing in the leaves or snow.  Hot chocolate could be made for the kids, and the adults could enjoy different coffees and creamers to warm up with.  Or, if your family celebrates Christmas morning with a brunch like mine does, flavored creamers would be a great addition to the breakfast menu! 

Now, I have to pull myself together enough to head to the store to get the ingredients for the creamer.  Darn you coffee addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment