Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reflections on Thanksgiving

It amazes me how quickly I can lose sight of how blessed I truly am.  Thanksgiving has given me a chance to step back and reflect.  Something that I would have done, but given the fact that I came down with a nasty GI bug that had made its way through the family, I had even more time to reflect. 

First, I am thankful for the fact that my body waited until after my two nights at work (Thanksgiving Eve and Thanksgiving night) and Andy's 17 year class reunion to come down with the sickness.  It is weird how the body sometimes knows when the opportune times are to be sick, and this time mine listened! The bad thing is that my parents both came down with it too.  It was not a happy Saturday at the parent's house, but we did get to spend time together -- sleeping on the couches and running to the bathrooms!

Second -- I am so thankful for my husband and family.  My husband tolerates me working off shifts and holidays and gets to wrangle the kids during these things.  He also quickly scooped them up Saturday morning and entertained them all day Saturday and part of the day Sunday.  If you know our kids, you know that can be a long time without help being that our kids tend to be strong-willed and bull-headed.  Good qualities for later in life, but right now, it can be frustrating!!!!  Also -- my family tolerates my obsession for crafts and allows me the time to make those crafts.  So wonderful!

Third -- I am thankful for my jobs.  Both allow me to do what I enjoy -- taking care of patients and making quality improvements in an outpatient setting.  In these times, not everyone can say they are able to do what they enjoy. 

There is so much more I am thankful for, but I don't want to start rambling in some caffiene and food deprived state, so I will end now.  What did you realize you are thankful for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment