Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Newly finished ideas

So, I have the joy of having a niece and nephew that have birthdays 2 days apart. They both turned 2 this year and I was racking my brain as to what to get them. Being the parent of a two year old myself, I knew that toys probably weren't needed. Clothes aren't always needed either.

So I thought and thought. I asked my husband his opinion and didn't get much of a response. So then it dawned on me. Pajamas! Who doesn't need pajamas? I know my kids always do.

So, being my crafty minded self, I thought, I can make pajama pants. Which I did using the pattern I mentioned a few weeks ago. Then I thought to myself, what can I make to go with the pajamas?

And then, by some stroke of genius, the idea popped in to my head -- what about a pillowcase and blanket? Surprisingly enough, a pillowcase was not that hard to do. I found basic inspiration from a few different sites but then put the fabric together in my own way. Do you think I could have taken pictures for a tutorial? Of course not. I do plan on making more though, so consider this notice of coming attractions.

The blanket I made was just a yard of flannel backed by a yard of fleece that I sewed right sides together then turned and topstitched. Easy peasy and it makes a perfect blanket for snuggling while watching a movie or to just throw in the car

I did manage to take a few pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment