Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quick sewing project

So, my sister's birthday was in October. I actually got a reprieve on her gift because I knew she was coming back to PA in November. I really didn't think about her gift until a week or do ago but it wasn't hard to figure what to get her because she loves to entertain. Make her an apron and pair it with a new cookbook for entertaining!

I started searching the internet for a basic apron pattern and I found this one. 

It was actually an easy pattern to make.  It only required 1/2 yard of each of 2 coordinating fabrics.  I decided to go with fabrics that were a little Christmas-y in nature being that the holidays are coming up (plus, I think you have figured out by now that I have a bit of an obsession with Christmas).  Long story short, she seemed to really enjoy the apron and the cookbook.  So, if you are looking for a quick, handmade gift, an apron is always a good choice for those in your life that love to cook and entertain!!!

Please excuse the picture.  It was a quick shot taken with my phone prior to leaving to see my sister and give her the gift.  I'm still working on the organization and preparation/planning to not be rushed at the last minute, though I have to say I did finish the apron the day before we were going to be visiting, I just didn't think about taking the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment